Edge of Beyond « SPAMZONE « BORED « I'm back!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm back!!!  (Read 5737 times)
Guardian
Rawr
« on: March 29, 2005, 10:14:53 AM »

Gather 'round my fellow Booters and i'll tell you a story. You might have wondered where i've been lately. I reappeared a month or so ago on the Java Hut from a long fanaticism over anime, and then promptly dissappearing again. Well, this time I have a very good reason for that! I do! You see, my mother was testing out a printer/scanner/copier all-in-one for HP. They sen't it to her about mid february with instructions to hook it up to her computer, install the software, and complete a few tests to make sure it worked good and functioned correctly. Well, sadly my mother's computer is a piece of crap, and it wouldn't install the software to run the all-in-one, and she couldn't figure out what to do. So she emailed tech support, and to make a very long and stressful story short, her comp, being windows 98, stupid, and prone to fits and the blue screen of death, was not able to be figured out by tech suport either, so I decided to be generous and hook the all-in-one up to my perfectly behaved windows XP so she could finish her tests she needed to do for HP. *hugs my comp*
This is where the story gets interesting. I've never really been interested in printing stuff out or anything because until this all-in-one, the only printers I ever had were Lexmark hand-me-downs from my father that I really came to despise because they always seemed to mess up my computer in some way or another, and didn't work that great to begin with. So I had a dislike of printers in general. That completely changed when I installed the software on my computer and printed out my first 'Everybody Loves Andi' comic. You see, when HP sent mom the all-in-one, they also sent her 4 color cartridges, 2 black cartridges, and one especially for photos. eek! Soooo... she let me print out a few more 'Everybody Loves Andi' comics, and I taped them all together top to bottom so I had about a 4 foot strip hanging on my wall.
Around this time she got really frustrated with the tests they were wanting her to do because some of they things they were asking her to do she'd never done before and they didn't give her instructions, they just said 'do this' 'do that', and she's like I didn't even know this could be done! Eventually she got so frustrated with it that she told me if I could figure it out, then I could keep the all-in-one since it didn't work on her computer anyway. (HP had sent her an email saying that if she completed all the tests and gave them feedback on how the all-in-one worked, then she could keep it.)
I can be a pretty fast learner when sufficently motivated and after seeing how great the first batch of 'everybody Loves Andi' comics came out, I breezed through the rest of the tests. So now I own my own all-in-one, guess what I did with all those ink cartridges....

My father thinks i'm going off the deep end. My younger siblings stand in the doorway of my room and just stare. My mother is hoping(praying) that it's just a phase. As for me, all I can do is giggle and bounce up and down, further making them believe i've gone nuts.

One HP printer/scanner/copier

One roll of tape.

Four ink cartridges.

90 sheets of paper.

The end result:
Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy... such as the utter coolness you feel when you look at your ReBoot wall. Muahaaahaaaa!!!

(sorry for the fuzzyness of some of the pics)
Pic1
Pic2
 drool  drool  drool  drool

Admin Edit: Sorry but pics were too big for post so changed them to links.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 09:34:00 AM by Mayhem » Logged
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 12:05:12 PM »

*looks at pics*

Holy... bOb....

o_o

Guardian
Rawr
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 01:53:26 AM »

:grin2: I really hope Ebehr and Vic don't mind me putting their comics and artwork all over the place like this.
Guardian
Interface with an Attitude
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 01:59:12 AM »

O.o  and i thought my scrapbook and half a wall was nutzy..  this is just plain WACKO!   not that thats a bad thing, mind you.   :D

Welcome back!

*edit*
wait a nano...  *looks closer*  is that my Shower Bob Comic..and ReBootPuff Comic stuff?? !  

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!  IM ON A WALLL OF A FANATIC!!  EEEEEEE!
*bounces*
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 02:01:17 AM by AvA » Logged

Guardian
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 04:28:06 AM »

My nephew has a small collection of pictures on his wall. I don't think FIT is no longer in training.

Season 1 is over. Season 2 no where in sight.
Is ther a cure for IGPX withdrawl?
Guardian
I'm a roman numeral! haha
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 05:27:50 AM »

Welcome back!

OMU That is so cool! I want that now. lol

And I see my daemon pic up there, I'm touched cheesy

Killer Queen
Guardian
huzzuhwhatta?
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 08:54:34 AM »

Sweet, FIT!  You are most definetly a true fan!

And I'm on there too!  WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

...We need a "post pics of your room" thread...

ReBoot: Tastier than crack, more filling than tacos.

.:: Look, I'm a pretentious art twit! ::.

Guardian
Rawr
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 01:31:20 PM »

To admin who edited: Sorry for not making them links.

Yup! AvA, RBM, and Sita, you guys are up there! It wouldn't be a complete ReBoot wall without totally awsome fanart!

My mom took one look at the completed project and was like "I am not explaining this to our relatives." *rofl*:D
Guardian
I'm a roman numeral! haha
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 02:19:55 PM »

My mom took one look at the completed project and was like "I am not explaining this to our relatives." *rofl*:D
LOL Do we share parents?

Guardian
Rawr
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 02:46:46 AM »

:lol: LOL!
Boardyguard
Guardian
Herp Derp
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 03:03:02 AM »

Haha wow, that is crazy.

Welcome back. Smiley

Guardian
Rawr
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 07:27:30 AM »

Thanks, Rogue!
Guardian
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 10:55:51 AM »

WOW that the best wall paper ever :D
Guardian
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 01:22:14 AM »

wb

I may come from the Net
Probably through systems, peoples and cities, to this place maybe
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
To mend and defend most likely
ReBoot! I think
Boardyguard
Guardian
WELCOME! To the EDDDDGE of BEYOOOOND!
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 06:57:35 AM »

Yay my old comic lives on on the walls of ReBoot fans. I wish I had enogh colored ink to do that I had to settle for printing them out Black and white. Man I wish those sets I made hadn't fallen apart along with Hex, Herr Doktor, and Bunnyfoot.cry

Your ad could be here! Only 999999 a month. Call 1-800-MIKETV for details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: