Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rebootma/public_html/edgeofbeyond.net/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
*EXPLODES*
Edge of Beyond « SPAMZONE « BORED « *EXPLODES*
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *EXPLODES*  (Read 11136 times)
Boardyguard
Guardian
WELCOME! To the EDDDDGE of BEYOOOOND!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 04:53:32 AM »

The ads are long gone but you have to play it in a window. Its free though so I can't complain.

Anyway I just got Star Wars Battlefront II for 4 bucks at Target so I'm offto kill the rebel scum.  Grin

Your ad could be here! Only 999999 a month. Call 1-800-MIKETV for details.
Guardian
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 07:13:23 AM »

4 bucks? Nice  afro

I may come from the Net
Probably through systems, peoples and cities, to this place maybe
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
To mend and defend most likely
ReBoot! I think
Guardian
Interface with an Attitude
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 01:34:35 PM »

I was going to take a break from WoW and play Age of Conan... but omg performance issues.  They have alot to sort out.  Im not sure this was ready to be taken out of beta :-/

so its prolly back to the wow grind for a few weeks till AoC gets its patches together

Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »

I was going to take a break from WoW and play Age of Conan... but omg performance issues.  They have alot to sort out.  Im not sure this was ready to be taken out of beta :-/

so its prolly back to the wow grind for a few weeks till AoC gets its patches together

Whaa? Are you sure your system can take it? All I've heard is praise for performance for vista AND xp.

Guardian
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 01:07:32 AM »

*IMPLODES*

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
Boardyguard
Guardian
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 06:11:33 AM »

Whaa? Are you sure your system can take it? All I've heard is praise for performance for vista AND xp.

she's not kidding... i just bought a new rig Saturday. 2ghz dual core w/ a 512 mb HD vid card and i can only do about 20 fps in the noob city, typically less.

very sad
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 07:12:29 AM »

how much ram dost thou haveth? You make the rec' requirements (that I've read online I don't have the box), but that sounds like what happened with me and wow before I upgraded to more ram.
well.. I hope it is just buggy, bugs they can fix, upgrades are expensive, and If I ever get it I'd like my desktop to be able to run it too. ;_;

::EDIT::
Just found on the ign forums off all places (since non members can't see the AOC FORUMS ASSSSSSS) that its a problem with mostly ATI cards, no matter how fast or slow. So I'll just guess thats your problem. fixablablez at least.

And if you ever do get it running goodz, make a thread for it and post your thoughts, I want to know if I should bother or not.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 07:31:31 AM by Zilla » Logged

Boardyguard
Guardian
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 07:46:40 AM »

i only have a gig of ram, abba has 1.5.

but yeah the main issue is the ATI cards. the rumor is that Nvidia paid them a little extra to forget to program compatibility for newer ATI cards at release, but as such rumors go it's just talk.
Boardyguard
Guardian
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 02:26:18 PM »

Ram's super cheap. Its 25-30 bucks a gig right now, upgrade it if you can. I maxed out my laptop to 2 gbs. I want it to hold more but it can't Sad. If you have Vista buy a cheap jumpdrive or any other flash memory like Compact Flash, Memery Sticks, SD, XD, etc... Then right click on the card in My Computer and enable Readyboost and mark the whole drive for it. You can get up to 4gbs of quasi-RAM that way. Vista treats the card as a stick of RAM and throws stuff into it when your RAM fills up and stores your commonly used programs in it so they run super fast. USB and camera memory cards read and write a thousand times faster than the hardrive so it speeds up your PC big time, you won't notice it for a couple days though because you have to use programs before Vista readyboosts them to the card. I got the maximum size SD card to stick in my PC's card port so I have the equivalent of 4 GBS of RAM in my Laptop that's rated for 2 GBS LOL.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 02:30:51 PM by EB v2.0 » Logged

Guardian
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 10:54:01 PM »

We dont have Vista.  I wouldnt install the current vista if it was the last OS left on earth; id rather black box it with redhat again *shudder*  vista will need to come a long way before it touches my machines.

Ya we are looking into Ram upgrades;  its not as cheap here Ebs, but ive been looking at ebay as an alternative.  We have just spent so much already getting our computers updated ... and our comps play any other game just dandy. 

AoC has already admitted there are some issues and they are planing some patches.  The forums are near riot stage.  Last night i was able to get 14 fps, but I cant get beyond that and it tends to go down to 8 fps when fighting mobs. 

Zilla - the game is amazing.  I love it. its just these FPS and over texture issues that are killing the experience. 

Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »

Vista rocks, don't be a hater. I have a borrowed home premium edition on my desktop, and my laptop came with ultimate. I've had ZERO problems with it and actually notice a large jump in performance when it comes to my games. But as with conan you need the system to run it, I don't know what people are doing when they install it or what, all I did was download all my drivers and updates before hand, disable UAC, and everything has been Happy LaLaLand since.

And keep an eye on future shop\bestbuy, they usually have all types of ram on sale fairly often.
I'd like to get Conan but unfortunately I don't have the cash for it, this last unexpected trip cost us MUCH more then we normally pay but we had no choice, so our wallets shall hurt for a few months.

Guardian
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2008, 01:23:43 AM »

don't be a hater.

*hates*

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
Boardyguard
Guardian
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2008, 04:48:37 AM »

Vista home premium is awesome. Disable the Noob helper User Account Control and its better and more stable than any MS OS ever put out. Never had a blue screen and I usually leave my Laptop on a week at a time without restarting it. Most I've gotten is a message telling me my display driver failed but Vista has recovered it,and it never stopped playing the video I was watching when it failed.

Unlike the other Windows this one actually releases your ram back to available when a programs done using it a lot of times the other windows versions wouldn't, so you can leave it on for weeks without rebooting. Most of the hate for the OS is coming from people who don't know how to use it, are running the 512 minimum (don't do it its horrendous), got Vista Basic or a pirated copy, or upgraded their computer to it.  Vista upgrades don't work to well because device manufacturers didn't update their drivers like they should have, its 2 years later and a lot of manufacturers still haven't put out anything past a beta driver.

Also most of the complaints I've read came from OEM computers that people didn't remove the bloatware from. First thing I did was uninstall Mcafee and a dozen other useless pieces of system hogging programs and put AVG free and Commodo Firewall on it. Runs like a fricken' dream. Not exaggerating at most it takes 20 seconds to boot up.

I really like the way Vista handles games especially on a system with more than one core in a processor. For one Vista runs the game in its own sandbox environment, it uses the most compatible system files with the game and sets a cache of all the files in one spot so your game loads stuff faster. With more than one processor you can set the game to use both processors or what I do use the second processor and keep the first for the rest of the computer. Having 1.6 GHz dedicated strictly to a game increases performance bigtime since most of the time you have to share the processor with background stuff while playing.

I also like the way it handles compatible Video cards, my crappy built in Laptop card only has 256 dedicated memory but it can grab another 512 off the Ram if its not in use.

SP1 just got released for Vista and my systems speed and stability shot up bigtime. Haven't seen a driver failed and recovered message in weeks. Anyway if your computer savvy Vista is the best OS MS has ever put out. Normal users should stick with XP.

Heres mines specs:

Gateway Laptop with Dual Core 3.2GHZ processor (2 1.6GHZ cores), 2GBs of RAM, 2GB Readyboost SD Card, Hypermemory Buses (best thing they ever did for speed), according to ATI's Catalyst Control Center I have 830MB of RAM available for video. Cost Me $600 dollars for this system at BestBuy, 80 for the Ram (cause I bought it before it was cheap) and 20 bucks for the SD card. Currently you can get a slighty better setup for about $520 at Best Buy since 2gbs comes standard and they upgraded other parts.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 05:08:49 AM by EB v2.0 » Logged

Guardian
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2008, 08:57:29 AM »

all ive heard about vista is that its a nightmare lol.  so i spose its all about who you talk to.

Ive heard so many people having compatibility issues with software/hardware..

cant really afford it right now anyway lol

Boardyguard
Guardian
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2008, 11:33:28 AM »

Ive heard so many people having compatibility issues with software/hardware..
cant really afford it right now anyway lol

There are a lot especially with older hardware and software. But thats because most hardware makers won't put out drivers and Creative was even smacking down the people making 3rd party Vista drivers for older cards. Creative wanted people to buy new cards. For older Software most people don't know how to use the compatibility feature that runs the game in a virtual shell of the OS it was made for. For instance I have to run Call Of Duty UO on my Vista in XP mode on the second processor only since that game can only see one processor because EA won't update the game. Sadly Vista can not handle DOS games or any 16bit software so you have to get the freeware DOSBOX for that.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: