Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rebootma/public_html/edgeofbeyond.net/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
"Paradigms Lost"
Edge of Beyond « Boot Camp (ReBoot Mayhem) « ReBoot News « "Paradigms Lost"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Paradigms Lost"  (Read 27177 times)
You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 10:00:31 AM »

lol at eb's stuff

I'm guessing that the device that Matrix threw away will become a bit more significant later on? Just the way they focused on it a bit in the comic. Enzo's speech seemed like it had been pulled from "Independence Day" lol.
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »

I'm guessing that the device that Matrix threw away will become a bit more significant later on?

I thought it was a keytool given how wierd Enzo's looked. But with Turbo it could be a mini nuke for all we know Tongue

And did no one notice that fatass cadet, then in the next scene he's eating a cookie? I pity whatever keytool chooses him, he might eat it by mistake. >_>

Guardian
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 12:22:51 PM »

Megabyte hates cross franchise FanFiction.

HAHA YES!!!

I may come from the Net
Probably through systems, peoples and cities, to this place maybe
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
To mend and defend most likely
ReBoot! I think
Boardyguard
Guardian
WELCOME! To the EDDDDGE of BEYOOOOND!
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 12:52:52 PM »

I'm guessing that the device that Matrix threw away will become a bit more significant later on?

I thought it was a keytool given how wierd Enzo's looked. But with Turbo it could be a mini nuke for all we know Tongue

And did no one notice that fatass cadet, then in the next scene he's eating a cookie? I pity whatever keytool chooses him, he might eat it by mistake. >_>
[/quote]

I'm thinking its some kind of WMD, weapon of mass deletion, or a fail safe device. Something that will delete a lot of sprites and binomes but save the net. Or something that would allow Matrix to take out Guardians if they ever went rogue again something Matrix would be more willing to do than Bob.

I thought it was a cookie too, but it could be his PID it seems to be missing from his shirt, hopefully he won't eat that though.

Your ad could be here! Only 999999 a month. Call 1-800-MIKETV for details.
Guardian
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 02:38:03 PM »

LOL  love the manipulated pix, EB
Yeah, I noticed Matrix with the plate immediately.

*sniff* That's it, pick on the Big Lug.  Even if he does save the day. Wink

And, yes, that thing the Big Lug threw out is important.
And, yes, Megabyte is coming back. (Of these typical comic book plots one can be sure. Although if anybody in there dons a pair of tights and attaches a blanket on his back...)
Tho' the idea of Meggy gone, and Matrix not, is...never mind, we need everybody back.

And speaking of everybody back..

You can blame Zilla for inviting me back here.  Tis her fault. Tongue
Killer Queen
Guardian
huzzuhwhatta?
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 03:20:46 PM »

Z, what have you done?  WE'RE RUINED!  LOL, j/k Cy.  I'm glad to see you back!

I have a feeling that Turbo doesn't quite trust the Codemasters (and now we see he was right), so whatever he gave Matrix was some sort of failsafe device.  Of course, Matrix tossed it, so now everyone's screwed.  XD

Did ya'll notice when Dot went nuts the moment Bob said "married?"   Grin  I bet she's had everything ready for months.  Poor Bob won't know what hit him.

I dunno that seemed kinda awkward to me considering how the first attempt happened. But I guess this is has skipped the hunt so they could of worked though it.. or.. whatever... I dunno.

I was kinda hoping they'd worked it by now (knowing Bob and Dot, they probably haven't), but they just need to get it over with.  Vegas style.  With Elvis outfits.

ReBoot: Tastier than crack, more filling than tacos.

.:: Look, I'm a pretentious art twit! ::.

Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 11:18:59 PM »

Yay Cy! NOW STAY! Don't make me get the glue gun!  knuppel2

Guardian
I like cheese!
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 01:11:18 AM »

OMG! ROFL @ EB's Ghostbuster funny.

That's just too funny. You rock!

"I'll see you in your nightmares. Toodles!"

My deviant stuff
Guardian
I like cheese!
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 01:13:05 AM »

I loved the comic, but is there anyway to make the pages a little bit bigger? It's hard to see all the cool details.

"I'll see you in your nightmares. Toodles!"

My deviant stuff
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 01:17:20 AM »

Besides right click and zoom in, no. Being stuck in the veiwbox instead of being able to go fullscreen makes me RAGE! @_@

Guardian
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 03:10:07 AM »

I loved the comic, but is there anyway to make the pages a little bit bigger? It's hard to see all the cool details.

Did you try clicking on the button in the top right corner that makes the comic large?

I may come from the Net
Probably through systems, peoples and cities, to this place maybe
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
To mend and defend most likely
ReBoot! I think
You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 09:52:39 AM »

That only makes it larger within the smaller window, it doesn't expand on your screen, and you usually have to use your mouse to move it around to view all of the page.
Null
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »

I thought the comic was really interesting, it is really amazing how Rainmaker is backing up the fan base these days.

The question I has is how official are these comic books as far as the story is concerned? Is this closer to being a really cool fanfic  or are they closer to being a legitimate season 5 as far as the story goes?

I read on IMDB today they've hired another writer for the Reboot movie- means they are really serious which I'm so happy about. Will the plot of the movie be directly based off plot points in the comics?
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 08:53:03 AM »

So far all I've heard is that the movies will continue where season 4 left off ie: The Hunt.
As for these comics being considered Canon, I have no idea. I guess if the reaction from fans is positive it could become so, otherwise it just might be considered a side story of sorts.

Boardyguard
Guardian
WELCOME! To the EDDDDGE of BEYOOOOND!
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 10:23:43 AM »

Look at it like you would any comic based off a TV or Movie (Star Wars, Transformers, G.I.Joe etc) official stories based on the property but in no way does the actual series have to adhere to them. A parallel universe.

The way canon usually goes is:
Original Material - In this case TV show and its Bible
New Material created by the original authors - ReBoot the Game,
Official Licensed material not made by original authors- ReBoot Comic Books, Reboot Trading cards, Website material, Press kits etc...

With ReBoot the TV show will always take precedent in canon if theres a conflict. So if the next movie does the Hunt differently than the comics the comics are bumped out of canon.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 10:30:25 AM by EB v2.0 » Logged

Your ad could be here! Only 999999 a month. Call 1-800-MIKETV for details.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: