Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie Plots  (Read 5788 times)
You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« on: August 01, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »

So what would you like to see come out of the movies if/when they get made? From what Paul has said, they're keen to keep the core group of fans happy but they also want to broaden the audience as well, bring in new fans who either have very little to no knowledge of ReBoot.

For their first movie, what type of plot do you think Rainmaker should go with in order to appease the core fans and bring in new ones? What do you envision the art style to be like - same as before or a more 'upgraded' style? Returning characters or adding new ones or both?
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »

As much as I want the hunt to be concluded, I wouldn't mind if they retold the story from the beginning on the big screen (shortened mind you). I really don't see any way around it especially if they want to stick with the original storyline yet still bring in new fans... and not confuse them half to death. I'm sure my dad would love to go see it on the bigscreen, but he only caught an episode here and there and would have no idea what the heck was going on if they just continued from the hunt.

So maybe in the first movie they could do a short recap, then skip ahead to the action. Then the next movies can just go with the flow conclude some stuff and start something new.

As for visuals... the show was done back in the 90's so obviously things are going to change. As long as the characters don't look too cheesy (I really don't like the new suits in the comic everyone has), or don't look like them at all :\ The budget is going to be bigger so I'm sure clothes will move like clothes, and hair will stop looking like blobs of gum stretching down someones back. >_>*coughAndrAIaCough*
For backgrounds and stuff, I don't see what they have to change, mainframe looked its coolest in season4. A bigger budget could just make it look a little more detailed, a few more shadows here and there, vehicles could look a little less blocky and more sleek... that would be sweet!

You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:59:16 AM »

Sounds good, Zilla  afro

The other option is to bring this movie out as a hook, ie throw everyone in the deep end of the action-o-meter so that they'll want to see more. The second movie could become a prequel to the first, with a backstory on the original series (compressed version) and delving a bit more into each character's past; a precursor to what could happen in the third movie, like a side plot that perhaps occurred during the plot sequence of the first movie. The third movie could then return everyone to the current situation with twists thrown in based on outcomes from both the first and second films and having an open ending for a possible fourth film or a tv series.

It sounds a bit all over the place I know lol, but this is a formula that has been used before in movies and in tv series as well.

The style definitely needs to move forward, work with the times, without going too far to render the characters as human (ala Final Fantasy, which while it would look cool, it would detract from them being computer characters and programs within a computer system). I agree that the city of mainframe and any other city be given further details, perhaps an upgrade to the city itself, an expansion slot that gives them a second city again? Or perhaps even a third city? What would the ramifications be with having more space and probably more programs and binomes to take care of?
Sprite
This is good ♥
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 02:56:15 AM »

Well, I hope that all the characters will go back to their season 3 looks and personalities (yeah, I didn't like it when Matrix was trying to kill Bob with his rockets...) And I want them to look the same, but just more detailed. They'd better not change the shape of Bob's nose or eyes! But they can give the boys eyelashes. Anyone wants nostrils? Bob definitely needs an upgrade since they returned him to original Bob in season 4, and that design looks out of place with the others... I wish he was still Glitch-Bob. Undecided But, wouldn't he be even more awesome if he merged with upgraded Glitch? He could after all, Glitch is not damaged anymore, so why not? I hope Bob will let his hair grow again, that would be cool to see his hair growing slightly longer from the movies to the TV series, just a few millimeters longer in each episode. lol

For the plot, well they could do the hunt, or they could not do it. But if they don't, they'll have to adress it in the form of a TV series, or in flashbacks. They need to tie up all loose ends, Reboot was always a continuity. And I hope they won't make a jump in the future, like "three hours later". If it happens after the hunt, then let's just say the hunt didn't last long. There is a big period of the time for us between the hunt and the movies, but not for the characters. I don't want the movies to remind me how much time has passed.

And the characters need to "stick together", like they did up to season 4. The friendships in Reboot were awesome.

We also need awesome music and scenes like when Bob merged with Glitch, the Firewall intro or the Web. You know, the kind of scenes that you never forget and that make you feel all nostalgic when you watch them 10 years later.

My ReBoot music videos: http://upload.xbrav.net/etoile/
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 05:13:28 AM »

Well, I hope that all the characters will go back to their season 3 looks and personalities (yeah, I didn't like it when Matrix was trying to kill Bob with his rockets...)
This.

I don't mind the occasional wacky weapon now and then, but Matrix was so out of character it made the scene feel awkward.
Considering new people are going to be handling everything I wont be surprised if they all seem a little OOC, just as long as its not.. s4 bad.

Bring back Angry Matrix - not Roid Rage Matrix
Bring back Bob the Guardian - Not Bob the Paladin
Bring back soldier Dot - Not Schizophrenic Send My Bro Into Games while EVERYONE ELSE DIES Dot
BRING BACK RAY!

And yes add nostrils... even if they are made of energy I assume they still breath in some way.

Boardyguard
Guardian
WELCOME! To the EDDDDGE of BEYOOOOND!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 05:26:59 AM »

I think I've said this before but I'd like them to cover the hunt in the first 5 mins and be done with it. Open with Megabyte holding Dot hostage in the core room with the Gateway program open with Bob, Matrix, Mouse, and Andi having Megabyte surrounded. Have Megabyte throw Dot at the group and jump through the Gate into the Supercomputer. Megabyte falls to the ground, slowly stands up triumphantly. "At Last the Supercomputer is mine!" Megabyte says as he slowly turns around to take in the supercomputer only to turn to face a legion of well armed guardians and a guardian tank aimed right at his head. Megabyte goes to jail and we get a satisfying ending to Season 4 that leaves a way to bring Megs back when needed.  Do this all using the Season 4 models.

The hunts over in 5 mins, cut to the ReBoot equivelent of 6 months later and the writers can move onto something new for the movie plots. The time passing would give Mainframe time to have implemented upgrades with the help of the Supercomputer and people time to upgrade their costumes and appearances to better models.

Your ad could be here! Only 999999 a month. Call 1-800-MIKETV for details.
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 06:01:26 AM »

lol, as much as a 5 minute hunt could work, I think every Meggy fan would start crying if your scenario happened Eb. 2funny

Sprite
This is good ♥
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 06:15:40 AM »

Do this all using the Season 4 models.

Hum... NO. No more season 4 models!

Boardyguard
Guardian
WELCOME! To the EDDDDGE of BEYOOOOND!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 06:17:59 AM »

They'd cry until he broke out in the third movie and conquered the Net mwahahahah.

I don't know why but I just  have this image in my head of Megabyte being like Ultra-Humanite (albino big brained gorilla) was in the Justice League series. That is sitting in a cushy jail cell with opera on a tv sitting in a recliner reading a book with reading glasses on. Whenever theres a new virus they go to Megabyte for his opinion on it. Kind of like Hannibal Lectar.

Your ad could be here! Only 999999 a month. Call 1-800-MIKETV for details.
Sprite
This is good ♥
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 06:22:17 AM »

Or, when Bob is feeling blue, he goes to see Megabyte. It cheers him up, you know, laughing at him. Roll Eyes "Hey Megabyte, I'm on this side of the bars and you're not!" Bunny Dance

Guardian
I like cheese!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 11:16:25 AM »

They'd cry until he broke out in the third movie and conquered the Net mwahahahah.

I don't know why but I just  have this image in my head of Megabyte being like Ultra-Humanite (albino big brained gorilla) was in the Justice League series. That is sitting in a cushy jail cell with opera on a tv sitting in a recliner reading a book with reading glasses on. Whenever theres a new virus they go to Megabyte for his opinion on it. Kind of like Hannibal Lectar.

That would be so freaking cool!!! Maybe you should write the ReBoot movies.  Grin

"I'll see you in your nightmares. Toodles!"

My deviant stuff
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 11:21:08 AM »

That would be so freaking cool!!! Maybe you should write the ReBoot movies.  Grin

Okay yeah, I'd be quite happy with that outcome. :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: