Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rebootma/public_html/edgeofbeyond.net/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Maple Leaf Recall
Edge of Beyond « SPAMZONE « BORED « Maple Leaf Recall
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maple Leaf Recall  (Read 13789 times)
Guardian
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 01:18:30 PM »

I've thrown back every fish I've ever caught for example. 

Don't they get hurt by the hook?

I'm not too sure fish can feel pain... If it gets completely mangled by the hook then it's better just to kill it cause if not it will slowly die in the water...

I may come from the Net
Probably through systems, peoples and cities, to this place maybe
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
To mend and defend most likely
ReBoot! I think
Boardyguard
Guardian
WELCOME! To the EDDDDGE of BEYOOOOND!
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »

It does feel pain technically in the terms that it feels that its been hooked but a fishes pain tolerence is a hundred times more than we'll ever have. They get hurt way worse by other fish and objects/critters they eat. I've seen fish caught with huge scars where chunks had been taken out of their side by other fish and they seem to do fine.Whereas we'd be completely immobilized.

If done right hooking a fish with a typical fishing hook just catches the lip and pierces it making a needle thin hole. Which closes back as the hooks removed and heals over in a couple days. Its about the same as having your ears pierced but with less pain. The fish continue to eat just fine and I've even released a fish on the side of a boat only to see it swim and take my friend's lure as he reeled his lure in. Can't hurt too bad if it wants to keep doing it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 01:36:32 PM by EB v2.0 » Logged

Your ad could be here! Only 999999 a month. Call 1-800-MIKETV for details.
Sprite
This is good ♥
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 03:02:47 AM »

I've seen fish caught with huge scars where chunks had been taken out of their side by other fish and they seem to do fine.Whereas we'd be completely immobilized.

True. They even seem to react differently from one species to another, at least from my observation. Some species tend to hide and completely stop eating when injured while others just keep doing what they were doing like if nothing had happened. I was more worried about how well it heals, but EB answered my question. Still, a net would be an interesting way to go fishing without injuring the fish, if you just want to take a look at them and then put them back in the water.

My ReBoot music videos: http://upload.xbrav.net/etoile/
Guardian
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 03:56:36 AM »

The fish continue to eat just fine and I've even released a fish on the side of a boat only to see it swim and take my friend's lure as he reeled his lure in. Can't hurt too bad if it wants to keep doing it.

Hehe, stupid fish

I may come from the Net
Probably through systems, peoples and cities, to this place maybe
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
To mend and defend most likely
ReBoot! I think
Sprite
This is good ♥
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 12:17:14 PM »

Hehe, stupid fish

Well, it's like humans who smoke, drink, eat fast food, sit in front of a computer all day long, basically everybody. You can't ask the poor fish to do something you wouldn't do. fish stab

My ReBoot music videos: http://upload.xbrav.net/etoile/
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: