Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rebootma/public_html/edgeofbeyond.net/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ReBoot Movie Trailer
Edge of Beyond « Boot Camp (ReBoot Mayhem) « ReBoot News « ReBoot Movie Trailer
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ReBoot Movie Trailer  (Read 16682 times)
Boardyguard
Guardian
WELCOME! To the EDDDDGE of BEYOOOOND!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 01:11:12 PM »

Kathleen Barr? Why wouldn't she come back as Dot? (if it's even going to have the same characters, oh god!) Barr's voice is in like... everything, even a few video games too.

And lol Beast that was you that kept saying that? XD
Ah, we're all old farts now.

Yeah her, I think she voiced the system computer so I see no reason why she can't do it now if she's in the voice cast... Then again, perhaps voices are still pending so they just used some woman in the office to record the system computer voice just for the teaser, that could be...

And yes that was me, at the same time when Porter kept going on about his texas burritos and Rogue kept going on about cutting thighs and bleeding or whatever. EB was also V1.0 back then, and there was a certain Zilla character... toDZilla? Hmmm, it'll come to me... :D
I remember there was an 'ot somewhere in there. Hmmm.... lets go alphabetically and see it we can figure it out. Aotzilla, Botzilla, Cotzilla, Eotzilla, Fotzilla, Gotzilla, Hotzilla, Iotzilla, Jotzilla, Kotzilla, Lotzilla, Motzilla, Notzilla, Ootzilla, Potzilla, Quotzilla, Rotzilla, Sotzilla, Totzilla, Uotzilla, Votzilla, Wotzilla, Xotzilla, Yotzilla, Zotzilla. Hmmm Gotzilla sounds vaguely familiar but I think he destroyed Tokyo and didn't post on message boards much. I went through every letter but it nothing looks right, maybe I forgot something.  Undecided

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 01:12:49 PM by EB v2.0 » Logged

Your ad could be here! Only 999999 a month. Call 1-800-MIKETV for details.
You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »

I remember there was an 'ot somewhere in there. Hmmm.... lets go alphabetically and see it we can figure it out. Aotzilla, Botzilla, Cotzilla, Eotzilla, Fotzilla, Gotzilla, Hotzilla, Iotzilla, Jotzilla, Kotzilla, Lotzilla, Motzilla, Notzilla, Ootzilla, Potzilla, Quotzilla, Rotzilla, Sotzilla, Totzilla, Uotzilla, Votzilla, Wotzilla, Xotzilla, Yotzilla, Zotzilla. Hmmm Gotzilla sounds vaguely familiar but I think he destroyed Tokyo and didn't post on message boards much. I went through every letter but it nothing looks right, maybe I forgot something.  Undecided

Ah yes, Potzilla - they were a bit hard to understand though they seemed to be very happy all the time... >_>
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »

Sprite
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 01:50:05 PM »

Maybe you're looking for a blend.  Blotzilla or Brotzilla for example?

I dwell in shadows; the darkness is my realm.  Those who see me... are the unlucky ones.

Check out my new book, "Firemage"!

Check out my old ones, "Darkland" and "Legacy of Cryptia", too.
Guardian
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 05:25:49 PM »

Maybe it was one of those names with punctuation or weird symbols for letters... Let's see, there's:

,zilla
!zilla
*zilla
.zilla

Hmmm... that last one would make a great domain name extention:

www.reboot.zilla
                    -----

I may come from the Net
Probably through systems, peoples and cities, to this place maybe
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
To mend and defend most likely
ReBoot! I think
Guardian
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 05:28:48 PM »

Also:

Hotzilla, Ootzilla and Potzilla rock  coolsmiley

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
Boardyguard
Guardian
Herp Derp
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »

Ahaha god. I can't believe how long ago it's all been. I've known you crazy people for 8 years? jesus.

Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 01:41:28 AM »

You shall know me forever, for I am the eternal nuisance that shall not rest until you all succumb from annoyance. And when the world follows suit I shall rise from the shadows and unfurl my banner of power until it engulfs this universe in its darkness!

But until then I still think they need to release some character concepts or something so we can get a better idea on the style of animation they're using.

I really hope its not the Cell-Shaded Dragon Booster, or Hotwheels style. I want the shiny that was season three back, or even Beast wars season 3 style, upgraded of course. I just liked how Metal looked like Metal and explosions didn't look like LAVA! <_>

Guardian
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 03:12:11 AM »

You shall know me forever, for I am the eternal nuisance that shall not rest until you all succumb from annoyance. And when the world follows suit I shall rise from the shadows and unfurl my banner of power until it engulfs this universe in its darkness!

But until then I still think they need to release some character concepts or something so we can get a better idea on the style of animation they're using.

I really hope its not the Cell-Shaded Dragon Booster, or Hotwheels style. I want the shiny that was season three back, or even Beast wars season 3 style, upgraded of course. I just liked how Metal looked like Metal and explosions didn't look like LAVA! <_>

YES! That's the one thing that annoyed me about Beast Machines, explosions looked like lava. Seemed like a cheap way out... Sad

And I agree, a teaser with at least a character or two. Some concepts would be great but more likely than not it would just be a sketch and give us no real taste of the flavor of CG it would be...

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 08:55:32 AM »

We've been through this before - told or shown a possibility and then forced to continually wait until something actually comes out that gives us a bit more hope than a pretty animation of a city. Although it was great to see the teaser, until something else comes out that shows a bit more (including cg animated characters) and a bit of direction of what the movie plot will involve I'm still of the 'glass is half empty' notion that we are probably going to be let down again.
Null
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 02:37:25 AM »

I for one am super super excited to see this teaser. It means to me that Rainmaker is investing in animation and think about it, it's the first original piece of reboot animation we have seen in years. It is a very good sign.

I would of course love to see the story arc finished but I understand a couple things, first of all that in order for this franchise to be viable it needs to well, REBOOT. Just like the new star trek movie needed to, people have to be able to enjoy this movie if this is the first Reboot they have ever seen. It needs to be financially viable so that we can have more.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 03:18:13 PM by ConeSkater87 » Logged
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 06:42:36 AM »

I would of course love to see the story arc finished but I understand a couple things, first of all that in order for this franchise to be viable it needs to well, REBOOT. Just like the new star trek movie needed to, people have to be able to enjoy this movie if this is the first Reboot they have ever seen. It needs to be financially viable so that we can have more.

This - but I think we're all just concerned it's going to turn out something like the fan comic.  :x

If they could pull off a 'Star Trek' however... then more power too them!

Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 08:26:09 AM »

Agreed.

It would be nice if Rainmaker could release even just a smidget of information on the direction of this movie (more than just this trailer which doesn't show anything really), I feel that until they do this most of us are going to remain a bit skeptical.
Guardian
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »

I would say "Skeptical, but hopeful". Rainmaker is, after all, the former Mainframe Entertainment... and I have always been pleasantly surprised by MFE's work.

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
Guardian
I'm a roman numeral! haha
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »

I was so excited to see this. My look at this is that the teaser clip is something to enjoy in and of itself. It was nice seeing a new scene with a new look. I honestly would be shocked if something actually came from it, but it's still nice to have SOME news.

Many people all over seem concerned. I agree with what was said above about if Gavin isn't a part of it, they should go a different direction. At this point, I hope they create new characters in a new system doing more modern things. There is SO many more possibilities now-a-days with even phones being "computers".

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: