Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rebootma/public_html/edgeofbeyond.net/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Edge of Beyond « SPAMZONE « PlayG « Final Fantasy « Final Fantasy XIII
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII  (Read 14785 times)
You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 07:19:26 PM »

And lol at the comic, I've been hearing about this auto battle thing, does it really automate the game that much?  Grin
(sorry if you said it already but I'm skimming over your posts just in case of spoilers) >_>

When you're fighting bosses, it certainly helps. The thing is, if you have paradigms set up you can change how they fight during the battle. For example, if you have your main character as Commander, they'll use mostly physical attacks, switch them to Ravager, and they'll use both physical and magical attacks; Medic and they provide the healing relief when the group's levels drop; Synergist and they can use support abilities like protect, faith, bravery;  Saboteur who can use negative attacks such as De-Protect, De-Shell, Poison etc on enemies; and finally Sentinel where your character uses strong guarding techniques while drawing attention to themselves (Provoke) and protecting others. If you know how each of your characters utilise these particular roles that they have, then auto-battle works best so long as you have it set up properly with your paradigms.

That being said, when fighting encountered enemies, I use either auto-battle or choose the abilities menu and then use the repeat action.

*edit* Oh, I forgot my original reason for posting in here XD
I've been reading about Freezing issues for both consoles, and in some cases the game data becoming corrupted D: Have any of you run into any problems?

Not for me. There were a couple of times where it seemed to stall, but it was only because the battle ended, and then there was a scene straight after it so it was more like the game stalled briefly while it loaded up the scene.

ROFL - It's so true, the auto battle system makes it a tad too easy... However, that being said I just fought a boss that (lord knows why) took me 30 minutes to beat so if it wasn't for the auto battle system I would have had to punch my television

I found that battling bosses with only two characters is impossible to reach the estimated time they have set up. Most of the boss battles I've faced with only two characters have taken me anywhere between 15-30 minutes, depending on the situation and the boss. When I do finally beat them, the score is pretty low and their estimated battle length is something ridiculous like 8 - 15 minutes. I think that only works once you figure out the best combination on killing the bosses... At least that is how it was for me lol.

Which boss took you 30 minutes?

You've probably passed me by now Beast, since I've taken a break (too tired when I get home from work)  Sleep

Mayo Edit: Forgot to add in Saboteur as a role  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:08:48 AM by Mayhem » Logged
Guardian
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 02:51:04 AM »

I fought a giant turtle / flower thing that keeps changing it's element (fire, water, thunder, etc) so needless to say Odin did next to nothing because I brought him out when the thing wasn't even weak against electric attacks. I had to keep Lighting (the character, not the attack, lol) fighting while Hope stayed in medic mode to keep us alive... I could only paradigm once every few minutes to let him attack with me but I had to switch him back right away because one hit from the enemy and we're both almost dead... lol.

That being said I haven't figured out Odin too much yet. As soon as I push triangle Lightning does a whrily attack and dismisses him... I miss the Aeons in FFX, they were heavy hitters!

I may come from the Net
Probably through systems, peoples and cities, to this place maybe
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
To mend and defend most likely
ReBoot! I think
Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 06:18:47 AM »

I fought a giant turtle / flower thing that keeps changing it's element (fire, water, thunder, etc) so needless to say Odin did next to nothing because I brought him out when the thing wasn't even weak against electric attacks. I had to keep Lighting (the character, not the attack, lol) fighting while Hope stayed in medic mode to keep us alive... I could only paradigm once every few minutes to let him attack with me but I had to switch him back right away because one hit from the enemy and we're both almost dead... lol.

That being said I haven't figured out Odin too much yet. As soon as I push triangle Lightning does a whrily attack and dismisses him... I miss the Aeons in FFX, they were heavy hitters!

Ahh... I hate to tell you this Beast, but these bosses only get worse from that one onwards!! Yes I remember that bugger of a boss and like you it took me at least 30 minutes to defeat it. There are a few bosses you have to fight with just two characters for a while, but later on you finally have 3 characters fighting against a boss and it definitely makes a difference!
Guardian
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 07:11:12 AM »

Ahh... I hate to tell you this Beast, but these bosses only get worse from that one onwards!! Yes I remember that bugger of a boss and like you it took me at least 30 minutes to defeat it. There are a few bosses you have to fight with just two characters for a while, but later on you finally have 3 characters fighting against a boss and it definitely makes a difference!

Ah geez

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 08:54:53 AM »

I forgot to mention - in regards to Odin and Shiva, they're better off as separate fighters rather than going into Gestalt mode. I tried one of the attacks in Gestalt mode and although it did some damage, it didn't really do enough damage. I still had to spend a considerable amount of time finishing off the enemies. Shiva, on the other hand, does kick ass in Gestalt mode if you use her ultimate move but again, it may not necessarily do enough damage to help end the fight quickly. Plus while the sisters are in their 'regular' mode one of them automatically heals you when your HP drops.

If you need any tips on any battles feel free to ask lol afro
Guardian
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 09:48:49 AM »

Cool! Yeah I got Shiva Twins but haven't been able to use them yet Tongue Thanks May

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: