Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rebootma/public_html/edgeofbeyond.net/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
S.P.A.M.D
Edge of Beyond « SPAMZONE « BORED « S.P.A.M.D
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S.P.A.M.D  (Read 4255 times)
You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:56:34 PM »

Everybody receives spam in their e-mail accounts. Most of these are nonsensical because the spammers try to change the words around to get past the spam detectors (usually to no avail if you've got a good spam blocker). They're trying to sell you watches, jewellery, maximise your 'manhood' or try and get you to send a small amount of money to an overseas account in order for you to be able to retrieve a rather large sum of money in return.

Wordpress users, however, know that the spam we receive is a lot different. In the first instance wordpress used to receive similar spam posts but the spam blocker built within (and the external versions as well) helped permanently block said spam. Then you'd get all these spam with about 1000 links to sites you really don't want your visitors to visit - well not deliberately anyway. These types of spam also became almost obsolete - we now get only one or two of these spam comments though with far less links.

But the unique thing you can get on Wordpress, and perhaps this happens on other blogging software, are comments that at first seem genuine until you realise they have nothing to do with the post they commented on. That and the weird-ascii e-mail that is used by the postee kind of gives it away.

For a while now, May has received these weird comments on both of her wordpress run websites (Animay and Mayhem-Online) and hit the "Delete Permanently" button, but after receiving so many, I decided instead to record them down for your amusement (and my own).

I'll update whenever I get new comments of a similar magnitude. Feel free to post your own "Wtf??!?!" rating on any of the comments posted. There are some there that start out seemingly genuine, until they reach their point - of which there isn't one..
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:14:32 PM by Mayhem » Logged
Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:08:18 PM »

The following bunch of comments come from my Animay website. The first few I just pulled out of the spam box and posted here, but after recording a few I started thinking that I should really say what post they were on in order to make some illogical sense out of them...  crazy2

Comment 1:
I added your blog to bookmarks. And i'll read your articles more often!

This comment above is a common one that appears on a lot of posts on all blogs. Somehow I don't think its really genuine though...

Comment 2:
Will tax incentive money go to ex-husband that owes back child support and his tax return is flagged?

Comment 3:
I like the questions! Yes i've seen them other places but it's cool you gathered them all up.  Ooh and I don't think I will slit my throat thanks for the suggestion though. NOT

wacko  Eh?

Comment 4:
A lot people give the duty to expert writers because they don't have the talent to compose a satisfactory paper about this good post so the cause why you need to use plagiarism detector, but such people like writer don't do that. Thanks a lot for the knowledge

Comment 5:
When a store has double doors why do they only let you use one of them?

I must admit, this comment did make me stop and wonder....

Comment 6:
Avatar was great, but I'm still a fan of all the classic SciFi?s ): Star Trek! Star Wars! I just added them to my rental queue..BTW, I found this promo code for two weeks of free DVD deliveries at Blockbuster check it out: (link removed)

The above comment was made against the post "Avatars" - but the post was regarding anime avatars that people can use for their profiles on message boards and such....  d'oh 2

Comment 7:
I am to a great extent impressed with the article I have just read. I wish the author of animay.net can continue to provide so much useful information and unforgettable experience to animay.net readers. There is not much to tell except the following universal truth: We all think, at least once in our lives, that the clock is wrong. I will be back.

Eh? Eh?

(Mayo's comment: I really hope not...)

Comment 8:
Shame on you for creating another terrific post! Awesome stuff, keep up the good work. I see a lot of potential! I wonder if you are an active user with any social networking sites like Digg or Stumble Upon?

The above comment was made on the "Requests" page, which has a lot of genuine comments from people requesting anime screencaps

Comment 9:
Simply want to say your article is as tonishing. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your rss feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

Again, the above comment was made on the "Requests" page...

Comment 10:
Your site is brilliant I cannot believe I just found it. I am a big Whedon fan, I know he lost his way with Dollhouse. But he needs our advice and help to get him to come back with another Firefly series for us to enjoy.

The above comment was made on a post titled "Vampire Knight", about screencaps I did for this anime series. I don't believe Buffy makes an appearance in Vampire Knight but perhaps someone has heard otherwise....  Roll Eyes Tongue

Comment 11:
I did this years ago in a class as well. Though Apple is expensive, its stocks rise quickly.

This one just got posted shortly after I posted the above comments. Its a comment made on my most recent post on Animay titled "Its an Update!" where I talk about how slack I had been with updating the screencap gallery...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:24:32 PM by Mayhem » Logged
Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 11:12:29 PM »

The following comments were made on my Mayhem-Online website

Comment 1:
How much money should you plan on spending on a 10 day European vacation?

The above comment was posted on one of my posts about Gundam model kits...

Comment 2:
How can I make money monthly on my investments?

The above comment was made on my post about the Darksiders video game.

Note: The spam comments I get on MOL are more the linked posts or posts that are in another language but only appear as "?? ????  ??? ??" It seems that I don't get as many weird ones as I do on Animay, but it also seems that the bulk of the spam comments I get on MOL are questions...
Guardian
Interface with an Attitude
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 03:32:11 AM »

haha this sounds familiar.  I get some weird ones on my Craft blog too... though from some reason I seem to attract a Russian audience most of the time @_o

Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 11:10:25 PM »

Newly spamd on Animay:

What causes the sound of air swishing inside your head?

Eh?
Guardian
Interface with an Attitude
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 12:31:55 PM »

Here are a couple of my recent ones:

The French gourmet cheese Bleu d?Auvergne has a wonderful aroma, a rich taste; the saltiness increases with the incidence of veining. The overall flavor is piquant but not overly sharp. Bleu d?Auvergne started life as an imitation of Roquefort, using cow?s milk in place of sheep?s milk. Legend has it that a peasant, around 1845, decided to inject his cheese with a blue mold that he found growing on his left-over bread (the motto being, waste not, want not). And thus, the gourmet cheese Bleu d?Auvergne was born. This French gourmet blue cheese comes from the region of Auvergne and the cheese is made from milk of Salers and Aubrac cows. The rind is very thin and so the cheese is usually wrapped in foil. The cheese is rich and creamy with a pale yellow color and scattered holes and well-defined greenish-blue veining. We cut and wrap this cheese in wedge of 8 ounces and 1 pound.

Puppies for sale uk
puppiesforsaleuk.co.uk
jenna_brown23@yahoo.com
Submitted on 2010/03/01 at 8:00pm
Thanks for the tips.

This might be a bit off-topic but I believe there are a lot of smokers here on corinnecancraft.com. I decided to find a good manufacturer of e-smokes. I?m done with paying so much for tobacco cigarettes.A friend recommended G Smoke According to their website this is how they described their product:   Shocked

Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 09:20:33 AM »

Another weird spamd message

In the beginning just remember it was darked and then someone smiled! try this:

Sure, when… – oink flap oink flap – well I’ll be darned!

Eh?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: