Edge of Beyond « Boot Camp (ReBoot Mayhem) « ReBoot News « ReBoot Movie Guardian Preview
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ReBoot Movie Guardian Preview  (Read 8910 times)
Guardian
« on: March 31, 2010, 01:56:20 AM »

http://rebootrevival.com/

Check it out... Seems this movie is still a go, and we get a glimpse of what could possibly be a Guardian :D Playing games

I may come from the Net
Probably through systems, peoples and cities, to this place maybe
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
To mend and defend most likely
ReBoot! I think
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 03:01:00 AM »

oh god, is ... is that Bob?

His hair is silver... and.. he's.. blue...

oh god.

I'm happy and scared at the same time. Shocked
I mean, the animation looks alright but...
nyah!

Guardian
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 03:47:47 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's not Bob...

There are three possibilities though:

1) It is Bob and his design, as well as all the other characters, is just new and different than we're all used to...

2) It's a new/generic character/guardian that we've never seen before...

3) Since it's a ReBoot of ReBoot, there is a slight chance that characters such as Bob, Dot, Enzo aren't even in the series anymore. It might be a rehatching of the series to the point that EVERYTHING is new, not just the story, but the status quo as well. For all we know this could be "Derk, the Guardian", and he comes to the city of "Motherboard" to help his friend "Lazerjet" his sister "Inkjet" fight the evil virus "Bitsn'bytes"... Oh, and let's not forget his annoying sidekick "Mark the HDTV"...

Derk, Lazer & Ink: "MARK!!!"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 03:53:50 AM by Beast » Logged

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 05:08:48 AM »

I would have to disagree with  #3

When you reboot a series, you're doing it for the purpose of retelling the story and making it better, but the main characters usually remain intact. For example Batman Begins, it's the same Batman story, same Bruce Wayne but the setting and scenarios are altered and done in a different tone. Same can be said for the latest StarTrek.

If they really change all the original characters, but its still in 'Mainframe', I would think that's considered a 'alternate universe' sort of deal, not a reboot.

Plus that would kind of suck. Keep at least ONE main character plz.

But anyway, Bob or not I like how smooth the animation looks just from that small teaser. I'm just worried that everyone is gong to have that stretchy rape face that plagues DreamWorks cgi movie characters. D:

Guardian
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 05:17:26 AM »

I'm just worried that everyone is gong to have that stretchy rape face that plagues DreamWorks cgi movie characters. D:

See, now I picture Bob as a rapist... thanks. Thanks a lot.

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 08:34:40 AM »

Its definitely not Bob, unless they decided to give him contact lenses. This guy's eyes are blue, Bob's are brown. When I first saw the images the first character that popped into my head was Turbo oddly enough. When the light shines on the back of his head as its being 'created', the hair takes on a goldy glint similar to Turbo's. But obviously its not since Turbo was more silver-green not silver-blue. I dunno, maybe its Bob's dad? Maybe they might do a prequel and look at the series from a different angle?

As for the animation - yeah its okay. Its nice to see they are still making an attempt at this but again, its a really small peek and I think its better to wait and see a bit more than just these two little snippets we've seen so far before making any firm judgements on what they intend to produce.
Guardian
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 08:42:20 AM »

Agreed.

That being said, what the heck is taking them so long? I know CGI is a long process but this is 2010, not 1995 anymore. You'd think they'd be able to do like a solid minute of footage per day with current technology...

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 12:46:06 AM »

Yeah, for something based on a old tv show they're really keeping things tight lipped. But they could just be smart and are simply working the Hype Machine.

Guardian
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 01:54:17 AM »

Yeah, for something based on a old tv show they're really keeping things tight lipped. But they could just be smart and are simply working the Hype Machine.

For that, don't you need "Hype"? All we've gotten so far is them saying to expect a movie (or even three I think) which they said like what? 2-3 years ago now? Then we get a teaser which shows litterally nothing, then now we get a glimpse of a character that may or may not even be from ReBoot. We only assume it's ReBoot related because it says "Guardian" when he appears on the screen.

That doesn't sound like hype to me... Hype would be releasing a teaser poster or something that spreading it across forums and websites where fans will see it, regularly releasing new info and hints at release dates...

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 02:33:28 AM »

yeah that probably makes more sense. I sometimes forget not everyone scours the net for the slightest bit of news. And to be honest it doesn't even feel like they've really started anything (like you mentioned with no reels or anything besides the teaser) and are just releasing animator tech demos.

I dunno, I have a feeling this is going to be a Duke Nukem Forever scenario.

Bah, I'm being negative again, I guess I've just been waiting too long or something.

Guardian
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 03:32:23 AM »

Well, if they release the title as being "ReBoot: Forever" Then we'll know we'll never get it Tongue

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 06:01:09 AM »

LOL Beast... at both your pic and sig

but now he looks like a Navi from avatar Shocked

Guardian
I like cheese!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 10:11:56 AM »

Agreed.
That being said, what the heck is taking them so long? I know CGI is a long process but this is 2010, not 1995 anymore. You'd think they'd be able to do like a solid minute of footage per day with current technology...

I've just been thinking these last few days: It's 2010. It's almost April. Where's my ReBoot movie?!  Angry

"I'll see you in your nightmares. Toodles!"

My deviant stuff
Guardian
I'm a roman numeral! haha
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 03:29:58 AM »

Well, I have been off the net for a month or so, and I come back and see that we have a new clip? How exciting! Either way you look at this, at least it's news, which is something that our fandom has gone without for years at a time.

I honestly hope that if this goes through, it is a reboot of ReBoot. I don't wanna see our beloved characters transformed into something they are not. Besides, personally I loved seeing other systems in Season 3.

Remember kids, patience is a virtue Wink

Guardian
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 03:53:54 PM »

patience is a virtue Wink

BUT I WANT IT NOW!!! Angry

I may come from the Net
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
ReBoot! I think