Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rebootma/public_html/edgeofbeyond.net/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Entire ReBoot Series To Be Released to DVD in 2011!
Edge of Beyond « Boot Camp (ReBoot Mayhem) « ReBoot News « Entire ReBoot Series To Be Released to DVD in 2011!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Entire ReBoot Series To Be Released to DVD in 2011!  (Read 26970 times)
You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« on: October 06, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »

Important News Release!

Shout! Factory and Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc. Announce Content Deal

SHOUT! FACTORY SECURES HIGHLY POPULAR
CG ANIMATED TV CLASSIC

REBOOT

FOR HOME ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION

Los Angeles, California and Vancouver, British Columbia - Shout! Factory and Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc. (TSX:RNK) announced today a new alliance to bring the groundbreaking, internationally renowned CGI animation TV series ReBoot to the home entertainment marketplace. Under its multi-year agreement with Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc., Shout! Factory will be the exclusive home entertainment distributor with digital rights to the entire action-packed series ReBoot in North America. This announcement was made by Shout! Factory founding partners Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos; and Terry Kalagian, Vice President of Business Development for Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc.

"We are thrilled with this opportunity to work with Rainmaker Entertainment, a globally recognized studio for its stunning animation in film and TV," state Shout! Factory founding partners. "ReBoot is a celebrated TV property, boasting a large worldwide fan following. This program lines up perfectly with the Shout! Factory brand. We hope this is just the start of a mutually beneficial relationship with Rainmaker."

"ReBoot fans have been urging us to release the series on DVD," said Terry Kalagian, VP of Business Development for Rainmaker. "We are overjoyed to have finally found the perfect partners at Shout! Factory to help give fans what they want."

Hailed by critics and fans alike, ReBoot made history for being the first fully computer-generated animated TV series. Its unique setting inside a computer allows ReBoot to mine the references to computers and video games for all they're worth, giving the show its humorous edge. ReBoot was originally seen on North American television in 1994 on YTV in Canada and on ABC Television in the U.S. The series ran four successful seasons, and was eventually seen in over 70 countries around the world. The innovative animation, insider humor and high octane action combine to give fans a lot of binary bang for their buck.

Dot Matrix and her brother Enzo, plus thousands of friendly binomes, live in Mainframe, which is plagued by viruses Megabyte and sister strain Hexadecimal. Guardian Bob is sent from the Net to protect them, and soon makes it his home. Together, they must prevent Megabyte from taking control of all the systems. As an added complication, games being played by the mystical User invade the system regularly, and must be defeated, or else portions of the city are laid waste... this gives us a chance to see every genre of video-game ever conceived, from the point of view of the characters! When Megabyte finally manages to banish Bob, Enzo takes over as the city's Guardian, but things will never be quite the same.

Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout of the ReBoot home entertainment product-line, beginning with the collectible Complete Series DVD box set release and digital distribution in 2011.

Rainmaker Entertainment Inc., a multifaceted animation studio, is one of Canada's largest producers of CG animation. With an innovative history that spans over 15 years, Rainmaker today continues to tell engaging stories and create compelling characters for all media. The studio's 200 creatively-inspired artists and storytellers are currently in development on the company's first slate of proprietary projects. Originally established as Mainframe Entertainment, the company broke ground by producing the first ever CGI animation series ReBoot. In addition to developing its own properties, Rainmaker also produces feature length DVD's for many top international brands including Barbie, Max Steele, Tony Hawk, and more. Rainmaker's clients include Mattel, The Weinstein Company, Lionsgate, Sony, Ubisoft, Electronic Arts and MTV. For more information, go to www.rainmaker.com.

About Shout! Factory:
Shout! Factory is a diversified entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their careers sharing their music, television and film faves with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory's DVD offerings serve up classic, contemporary and cult TV series, riveting sports programs, live music, animation and documentaries in lavish packages crammed with extras. The company's audio catalogue boasts GRAMMY?-nominated box sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable "best of" compilations. These riches are the result of a creative acquisitions mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.

Taken from: TVShowsonDVD

The Press release is also on the Official Rainmaker Website

Looks like May will have to order from overseas. Hopefully one of the local DVD distributors will pick it up and release it here!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 05:11:27 PM by Mayhem » Logged
Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 01:28:59 PM »

Holy crap, I seriously hope this is for real this time. As many times as we've heard the DVDs are coming out only to get nothing is really old now.

You can bet I'll be preordering my boxset copy the second I see enough proof that this is really happening. So excited!  Turtle bounce

Guardian
I'm a roman numeral! haha
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 05:09:33 PM »

Banana
This is awesome news! I'll definitely pre-order too. This is a good chance to see just how large our fandom is these days, and also a great chance to spread the word. I hope these make it to the renting shelves in stores.

I wonder if they plan to put special features and extras on the DVD's. I would love to see old commercials, the rides, commentary...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 05:24:42 PM by rebootmaster2001 » Logged

Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 03:38:40 AM »

I'm also for extra features, I'm just glad someone else finally got the damn rights away from universal.

Sprite
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »

It said they're BEGINNING with the complete series in a box-set?  What are they
continuing with?

I dwell in shadows; the darkness is my realm.  Those who see me... are the unlucky ones.

Check out my new book, "Firemage"!

Check out my old ones, "Darkland" and "Legacy of Cryptia", too.
Guardian
I'm a roman numeral! haha
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 05:51:30 PM »

It said they're BEGINNING with the complete series in a box-set?  What are they
continuing with?

Seven more seasons starting with the hunt, not changing the character design...

I mean, Hmm... I didn't notice that in the article. If DVD sales are surprisingly spectacular that is ground for bringing back the series. It has happened before. *remaining optimistic*

Still though, if the series never go anywhere else, at least we're scheduled to get our box sets!

Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 11:27:37 PM »

Lol RBM, seven more seasons would be quite nice.

They probably mean continuing with whatever Rainmaker has planned when(if) the movies get released.

Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 03:52:20 PM »

A little more hint at what's to come with this release through a post on the official Shout! Factory forums with someone from the company posting the following tidbit:

Yep.  Working on 'em.  This time 'round, however, I'm joined by MEGA-ReBoot  fan Kristin Kennedy.  Already working hard on bonus materials, both new and archival.  We'll keep you as informed as we can.  For now, though, rejoice in the announcement.

He does go on to say that we shouldn't expect people to willingly join in with behind-the-scenes stuff as often they say no to the request. Here's hoping that we get lots of goodies though!

You can follow the thread here
Guardian
I like cheese!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 03:13:44 AM »

Dance of joy!  Banana  Dancing nana 2  Banana

"I'll see you in your nightmares. Toodles!"

My deviant stuff
Boardyguard
Guardian
WELCOME! To the EDDDDGE of BEYOOOOND!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 12:09:18 AM »

Finally. Can't wait. Hope this set has a dozen discs.

Needs to include:

-ReBoot the Ride and its preshow
-Journey into Chaos
-Medusa Bug's alternate ending
-Fast Forward the Making of ReBoot
-All the old Promo/ Demo reels
-ReBoot The Game editted into an episode like they did for the Futurama Game. Heck you could edit it into a choose your own adventure DVD game.
-Interviews with Gavin Blair, Ian Pearson and rest of the founders.
-Tributes to Tony Jay and Bauldry
-The ABC Friday Night Saturday Morning Preview where Megabyte attempts to enter the real world and 2 kids have to stop him.
-Bonus Soundtrack CD
- Any footage they can get from the original non cliffhanger ending of My 2 Bobs or any footage/scripts/info from episodes 9-12 of Season 4.
-A map, Fly-through, and tour of mainframe
- Episode commentaries.
- VH1 Style popups for all the pop culture references.
- A glossary of terms used in the show.
- Rotating 3d models of all the characters and sets like they did for Beastwars

Your ad could be here! Only 999999 a month. Call 1-800-MIKETV for details.
Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 09:58:17 AM »

I wrote to rainmaker to find out if they were intending to make deals with distributors in other countries. It took them two weeks to respond and all I got was a FAQ response Sad

Thank you for your inquiry about ReBoot! We receive many letters and
emails about our popular animated series. In an effort to respond to
your queries more efficiently, we've answered some of the most common
ReBoot questions below.

Will there be a ReBoot movie?

Yes! Rainmaker is actively in development on a CG animated film
featuring the beloved ReBoot characters in an all new adventure.

Will the movie pick up where the series ended?

Season 4 of ReBoot ended on a famous cliffhanger. While some aspects of
that cliffhanger were resolved in a three-part webcomic series on
ReBoot.com, the theatrical feature film will be a departure from the
series in this regard. It is our intention to create a new ReBoot
adventure that seasoned fans will enjoy exploring while simultaneously
introducing the rich world of Mainframe to a whole new audience.

Are there plans for new episodes in the series?

Rainmaker is no longer in production on the ReBoot television series,
and at this time, there is no plan to produce additional episodes. It is
our hope that the much anticipated ReBoot film will bring Bob, Dot and
Enzo to life in an all-new format, continuing the franchise in this way.

Is the ReBoot series available for purchase on DVD?

The ReBoot series is not currently available on DVD. Rainmaker is
actively addressing licensing and distribution concerns with the intent
of making the complete series available on DVD sometime in the future.
Stay tuned to ReBoot.com for updates.

I hope this information has helped to answer your questions. Please be
aware that the best and most current source of ReBoot information is our
website, ReBoot.com. We update this site frequently, as soon as new
ReBoot information is available. Please take a moment to explore the
site and sign up!

Thank you again for your interest. It is the continued support of fans
like yourself that keep ReBoot alive more than a decade after the first
episode aired!

That basically told me nothing new at all! Come on Rainmaker where are your personal responses like Mainframe used to do? Going onto the official ReBoot website, all I see there are other fans and nobody 'official' (plus I'm not fond of the forum setup but that's just me).
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 02:48:25 AM »

Yeah I'm guessing its just too early for answers right now.

but..

While some aspects of
ReBoot.com,

WHAT! They're kidding right?

Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 01:16:08 PM »

While some aspects of
ReBoot.com,

You know, I'm honestly not sure of what they're talking about. There was no real ReBoot webcomic. Yes, there was a jumbled mess of a visual storyline that seemed to belong in the recess of fanfic hell, but I don't like to talk about that. If I don't give it a name or recognition, it loses its horrible power, slinks into a corner, and rots for eternity.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:18:51 PM by Atlanta » Logged

Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 04:00:33 AM »

Well.. I wouldn't go that far. LOL
I was just under the impression that the fan comic was that.. a FAN comic. Not Canon.

Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 02:33:52 PM »

Well.. I wouldn't go that far. LOL
I was just under the impression that the fan comic was that.. a FAN comic. Not Canon.

Yeah, that did come off a little too strong. Need to stop talking about stuff that annoyed me when I'm tired and annoyed at other stuff. Though, there's no denying it didn't sit well at all with me. I love fanon, but with the way things were with the series, I was hoping for something more 'official' (even though it would have been awesome if werewolves got involved in there somewhere laugh) . If they're trying to pass the comic off as canon, it's even more reason for me to overlook it. It started as a good idea, I really had high hopes for it, and then traveled to the mysterious land of "...whut" for vacation and lost the bus pass home.

...Part of me thinks I'm talking too strongly again. Ugh, sleeeeep.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: