Edge of Beyond « Boot Camp (ReBoot Mayhem) « ReBoot News « ReBoot: The Definite Mainframe Edition
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ReBoot: The Definite Mainframe Edition  (Read 9246 times)
Administrator
Guardian
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:07:57 AM »

Well, it's finally here! After all this time, it finally arrived!  Turtle bounce  Turtle bounce

As promised, I have a few pictures to show for the box set for people who are interested. I know some can't get it for whatever reason, though I would be willing to act as a middle man for someone who wants it.

Here goes!

ReBoot: The Definitive Mainframe Edition, shown off by a special guest who kept rolling into the shot, so I put him in it.

The Disc Sets It's Seasons 1+2 like Amazon was selling, but also Seasons 3+4 which I'm guessing will come later. Also, the Bonus Features disk. Fun fact:  Mouse's hair looked like it was doing that static thing when I was trying to take the picture. It was cool.

The Booklet. Contains the episode guide, some quotes from the episodes, and some neat fanart. Chibis! [EDIT: Tried to take photos of the inside but my camera wouldn't auto focus that close. I'll scan them in later.]

The Holographic Card as part of the preorder. Doesn't show well on the camera, but it's a nice bonus.

I just found this funny.

The opening screen from the first disk. I just realized how weird it looks; took the shot at a strange angle. The symbol doesn't look like that normally.

Comparison Time: Burned Copy vs Official Copy

I'll probably add more as I go through it. My friends and I are doing a marathon in a few weeks once Spring Break hits for me. Anyone else in possession of a box set, go ahead and post your things here as well!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:50:06 AM by Atlanta » Logged

You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:49:32 AM »

Looks awesome @! Thanks for posting the images. I'll still probably wait and see if Amazon release the Definitive edition later down the track and order it through them. Let us know how it sounds/looks etc, I know we were jumping all over Season 4 when it came out and it turned out not so good with the sound so I guess I'm eager to hear if this release is 'perfect' lol.

The opening screen from the first disk. I just realized how weird it looks; took the shot at a strange angle. The symbol doesn't look like that normally.

The vid-window looks weird too  Eh?
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 01:46:30 PM »

Coolies, looks like they did a great job putting everything together. Thanks for the preview @

Now I hope those that can get it do, so they see a demand for it and it gets released in stores and other places >_>

Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »

There might be an increase in demand. A good number of TGWTG people I follow on Twitter mentioned the sets' releases and since a lot [not all] of the fans are sheep, they might go and buy it. These producers have a scary-high amount of influence, from what I can tell.

Guardian
I like cheese!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 12:42:27 AM »

Sweet! I'm really torn about buying it online. Shipping costs to Canada suck. Sad

"I'll see you in your nightmares. Toodles!"

My deviant stuff
Guardian
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »

WHAT??!! I thought I would never see this. Amazon flashed it up at me when I was looking at some scifi books. I bought it and immediately thought of yall. Howdy Howdy!

see you space cowboy...
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 02:18:04 PM »

oh mah ghad Its PORTER! HAAAI!

Guardian
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 02:20:01 PM »

OMG ITS ZILLA! Great to see this place is still alive and kicking, hopefully with all its crazyness in tact haha!

see you space cowboy...
Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 02:25:51 PM »

eek! Holy crap, it's Porter! Good to see you again!

Hah, maybe we'll be seeing old faces again because of this! I know there's a ton of people who just vanished without a word. It'd be nice to say hi to them again.

Guardian
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 08:24:30 AM »

I know there's a ton of people who just vanished without a word.

Now who would go and do a thing like that? Wink

My copy's on the way. Can't wait!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:26:27 AM by Beast » Logged

I may come from the Net
Probably through systems, peoples and cities, to this place maybe
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
To mend and defend most likely
ReBoot! I think
Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »

Heee, Beast! Hai, Beast! How's it going?  welcome

Guardian
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 05:11:38 AM »

anybody here hoping for a boards revival, Im waiting on you Pa and Bren haha

see you space cowboy...
You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 09:33:11 PM »

The Definitive Collection can now be preordered  from Amazon here. Its not being released until the 28th June which is a bit odd.

They also now have Seasons 3&4 as a separate release like they did with Season 1&2. Its up for preorder with the same release date as the Definitive Collection.

Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 04:00:30 AM »

That figures Amazon gets it after I get it from Shout Factory. Ah well, hindsight's a bitch. Plus, I'm using it for a ReBoot marathon this coming week, so it all works out. Plus it was tuition refund I used to buy it, so whatever.

Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 02:51:31 AM »

So my friends and I were watching Season 1 yesterday and I noticed something aside from how damn pretty it is. They've changed the acoustics of the areas. If someone is talking in the Diner or something, it sounds normal, but in places like the Tor and Hex's Lair, there's a type of echo in the back. Personally, I think that's really really awesome. Not to sound like a complete dork, there's more characterization in the locations now because of it. Maybe that's how it's always been and I just now noticed it because of the stereo system my friend has USE PROPER GRAMMAR, STUPID, but yeah, thought I'd mention that.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:13:44 PM by Atlanta » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: