Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rebootma/public_html/edgeofbeyond.net/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ReBoot: The Definite Mainframe Edition
Edge of Beyond « Boot Camp (ReBoot Mayhem) « ReBoot News « ReBoot: The Definite Mainframe Edition
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ReBoot: The Definite Mainframe Edition  (Read 10745 times)
You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 12:01:46 PM »

Oooh sounds cool. I contacted Madman Entertainment, an Australian DVD distributor of probably all anime series as well as other animated series, and while they were interested in what I had to say they had no plans to release ReBoot here in Australia and suggested I should try buying overseas in the first instance. So I guess I'll be ordering from Amazon then!
Boardyguard
Guardian
WELCOME! To the EDDDDGE of BEYOOOOND!
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 12:56:42 PM »

Finally got my set Friday and have been watching the heck out of it. So many little details can be seen now. I love this set. Audio commentaries and the look back are great. Only wish there was more. Would have loved individual episode commentaries and wish they could have gotten Gavin to say what happens with the Hunt lol.

Your ad could be here! Only 999999 a month. Call 1-800-MIKETV for details.
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 01:00:58 PM »

It's finally available on the canadian Amazon.com, but I've been reading reviews that the sound quality is kind of bad, like audible pops and volume drops.

Can anyone confirm this? I'd like an opinion from one of you guys before I make my purchase Smiley

wish they could have gotten Gavin to say what happens with the Hunt

As much as I'd like that too, I think that's asking a teeeeeny bit too much, lol

Also - **GLOMPS EB** - haven't seen you in a while.

Boardyguard
Guardian
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 01:14:18 PM »

It's finally available on the canadian Amazon.com, but I've been reading reviews that the sound quality is kind of bad, like audible pops and volume drops.

Can anyone confirm this? I'd like an opinion from one of you guys before I make my purchase Smiley

wish they could have gotten Gavin to say what happens with the Hunt

As much as I'd like that too, I think that's asking a teeeeeny bit too much, lol

Also - **GLOMPS EB** - haven't seen you in a while.

I've been trying to find the audio messups Z because I read about them. Honestly if theirs been any I can't notice them. Some complaints are that voices are too deep in some spots others are that music wobbles. I can't notice them. Its nothing like the ReBoot Season 4 release that was octaves off.

I'm  Playing mine on a PC with headphones  though and not a DVD player with surround sound. May be a problem with 5.1 systems. Sounds great on my headphones and the stereo TV. May take it over to my dads and test it out on the surround. 

Only weird sound I have heard is in one spot in Painted Windows when Dot is using the vid wins as stairs. There's a short static pop sound. But I've heard a similar noise when most dvds are played usually because of dust or a scratch. Sounds like a lot of people have noticed this particular pop though so may have been on the master.

Could be that they fixed the sets as well since the first ones went out. Mines from Amazon and they just started shipping this month so may be a new fixed print run.

The Visuals are stunning though. Crystal clear. Noticed for the first time that in Enzo the Smart the 8-Bit characters and objects were actually pixelated around the edges like a game sprite while Enzo is not. And being able to read the background signs and vidwindow background text is fun. The amount of detail you can see in these sets is gorgeous.

Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 01:17:57 PM »

*gasp* Eb! How's it going!  Smiley

As for the sound quality of the DVDs, there's no sound popping or anything that I can tell. There are sound differences, but I like how it all sounds. Places like the Principal Office and the Tor have an echo-y quality, but it adds to the atmosphere, at least it does for me. Outside and in less open buildings, nothing really changes from what I remember it. I've rewatched to the end of Season 2 and I haven't had any sound complaints.

The video quality is so damn pretty. Like Eb said, it's so clear and you can see the details you never would have dreamed of back when it was running on TV. It's very nice on a computer monitor and freaking glorious on a high def TV.

Boardyguard
Guardian
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »

Aye Mouses tattoos no longer looks like a purple shadow for example. And I love how you can clearly see the circuit board patterns above the clouds in the sky now. I also never realized how detailed the texture on the objects and characters in the show was.

Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 02:36:17 PM »

Thanks guys that makes me feel a little better. I'll most likely be watching this through my ps3, I hope the bluray laser(or however it works) doesn't pick up on any little errors more than a dvd player would.

I may place my order tomorrow.

Thank you solidarity tax credit :D

Sprite
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »

"Enzo the Smart" used to have a bunch of visual errors where the word
"COACH" still showed up on his shirt half the time, after he'd ripped it
off.  That doesn't happen any more on the DVD.  Someone did more than
provide better picture quality.

I dwell in shadows; the darkness is my realm.  Those who see me... are the unlucky ones.

Check out my new book, "Firemage"!

Check out my old ones, "Darkland" and "Legacy of Cryptia", too.
Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 12:34:26 AM »

Holy crap, I ordered this on the 1st and just got it @_o with free shipping too.

MIND = BLOWN

Amazon ftw.

Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 01:48:01 AM »

Oh damn, that's awesome. Amazon ftw indeed. I've had that happen here a number of times. Even though I have Prime, sometimes it gets here within a day of ordering. So nice.

Give us your thoughts when you get a chance to watch the DVDs.  afro

Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 02:19:36 AM »

Well I've popped in a few discs just to see how it looks and sounds, and.... well... I'm kind of disappointed.

Visually it looks fantastic, especially through a pc, through an hdmi connection you can see artifacts especially during the season 1 discs, but 3 and up look quite good for dvd quality. This is to be expected though, and most everyone else probably wont be bothered by it if you don't regularly watch blu-rays

I skipped through a bit of Nullzilla(personal fave episode) and Gigabyte and sadly there is noticeable warbling, but it is especially noticeable when music is playing. It almost sounds like the characters are talking through a fan slightly. Oddly enough when I play it though my pc with headphones it's not as annoying as compared to my 2.1 tv setup.

First episode of season 3 I noticed the voices are a tad tower, but it's nothing near as bad as the season 4 man-voice mishap. It's playing right now behind me through my ps3, you can hear it real well when Dot or Mouse are speaking, something just doesn't sound right. They sound pissed off, like they're about to burst into a fistfight with each other. lol

I payed $60 for this, and even though I love this show more than anything I can't help but feel a bit cheated. This just seems like something that could be avoided if they just did a little more testing. If by chance they HAVE sent out 'fixed' sets and I've gotten a first print I think they should have said something, i would have gladly waited to get a PROPER set.

I'm not screaming REFUND or anything, just wish they would stop jerking us around with this show already.

*EDIT*
Watched the first four episodes of season 3 - the warbling sound is much less noticeable, in fact if I weren't wearing ear-buds I probably would not have noticed it, and where it IS noticeable, it was a very quiet scene with just one person talking. The low voices seems to clear up as well, that or I'm just getting used to it, either way its nothing I'd really complain about.

<_< I also was messing around with my tv and had the bass way up on my speakers. Megabyte came on... >_>  My mum ran upstairs wondering why the house was shaking. 2funny

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:44:06 AM by Zilly » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: