Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rebootma/public_html/edgeofbeyond.net/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
March 11, 2011 Earthquake/Tsunami
Edge of Beyond « SPAMZONE « BORED « March 11, 2011 Earthquake/Tsunami
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: March 11, 2011 Earthquake/Tsunami  (Read 4660 times)
Administrator
Guardian
« on: March 13, 2011, 03:20:34 AM »

So yeah, I've been keeping up with the news after the 8.9 earthquake that hit about 250 miles off the northeastern coast of Japan. It's, um, bad. Very, very bad. They're still feeling aftershocks in Tokyo and the flooding has trashed the towns closer to the shores. On top of that, five of the nuclear reactors are damaged, one even exploded but the core of it seems to be okay still. Death toll's expected to go into the thousands.

Something's pissed off. All these earthquakes, flooding, all the natural destruction over the last few years, something is mad. I just hope it stops.

Guardian
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 05:10:00 AM »

Yeah, those poor people. I think Mother Earth is finally giving us the back-hand for all those years of pollution and stripping her of her natural resources. I just hope (and I hope I'm not sounding too selfish) that nothing like that happens to the areas around any of us.

I may come from the Net
Probably through systems, peoples and cities, to this place maybe
Motherboard
My format? Guardian,
perhaps
To mend and defend most likely
ReBoot! I think
Boardyguard
Guardian
Herp Derp
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 07:55:06 AM »

It's so terrible. I got in contact with my two friends who live in Japan as soon as possible. They are both okay, though one of them has a missing Grandfather who lives in the Miyagi Prefecture. Miyagi got hit the hardest, so it doesn't look good. It's so horrible. Sad

I hope things do not get worse.

Rawsome!
Administrator
Guardian
ZakuZaku!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 08:49:21 AM »

I'm sure everything that can be said has been, lets just hope the aftershocks are done with and the crisis with the Nuclear plants can be contained soon. But as @ said, as much as I'd like to think this is a freak occurrence this does feel eerily like the planet is pissed at us.

Here's hoping things settle down, and a speedy recovery.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: