Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rebootma/public_html/edgeofbeyond.net/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ReBoot.com Shutting Down
Edge of Beyond « Boot Camp (ReBoot Mayhem) « ReBoot News « ReBoot.com Shutting Down
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ReBoot.com Shutting Down  (Read 4256 times)
Boardyguard
Guardian
WELCOME! To the EDDDDGE of BEYOOOOND!
« on: July 25, 2012, 04:20:42 PM »

Rainmaker Studios was bought out by Chinese animation company Xing Xing Digital.

Sadly they are shutting down the ReBoot website Sad

In less then 6 days ReBoot.com will be no more

http://reboot.com/

I think this may be Game Over for ReBoot.

Your ad could be here! Only 999999 a month. Call 1-800-MIKETV for details.
Sprite
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:29:17 PM »

Well, at least we'll always have our DVD sets to watch over and over and over...

I dwell in shadows; the darkness is my realm.  Those who see me... are the unlucky ones.

Check out my new book, "Firemage"!

Check out my old ones, "Darkland" and "Legacy of Cryptia", too.
Administrator
Guardian
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 05:46:06 AM »

Wow, that's depressing. Guess I shouldn't really be too surprised. It's more shocking that they kept it up this long without any indication of doing anything with the series. Wonder what's going to happen with the rights and stuff now.

At least the DVDs came out before all this went down. That's the ultimate victory a lot of us waited years for.

Guardian
I'm a roman numeral! haha
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:30:23 AM »

JK?

The website now says:

Reboot.com is Reborn
We are happy to announce that this community will be supported again
We apologize for the confusion

And that's all it says about it... It's been over a week. Did they ever take it down?

So it sounds like Xing Xing Digital is blatantly not interested in reviving a series that ended 11 years ago. I suppose that is understandable.  Undecided

Guardian
I like cheese!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »

cry Awww. Guess that's game over for ReBoot. Do the original creators own any part of the show anymore?

"I'll see you in your nightmares. Toodles!"

My deviant stuff
You can't beat a Mayo that's a fact
Administrator
Guardian
Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 11:27:42 AM »

From the looks of things its mainly about money. Rainmaker are in debt and needed to sell off their animation studios in order to get that paid out. There seems to also be options for Rainmaker to eventually buy shares back into Xing Xing Digital's Rainmaker Studios Inc so perhaps they could buy it back. It looks like the animated movie they were making was causing the debt. Regardless I hadn't had my hopes up for a ReBoot movie or series continuation in a long time. It took them too long in the first place and then I just assumed that they weren't making anything at all. It would have been better to be up front and honest about it with the fans though. Still at least they are still running Reboot.com and keeping the ReBoot community alive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: